09/05/2018 – This Morning’s Exchange Rates

  • Posted by currencies in Rate Alerts
  • May 9, 2018
  • No Comments

The exchange rates are listed at the bottom of this article. Please note they are for indication only. For a live quote please contact us.

The Bank of England will wait until August before raising interest rates, according to polls taken over the last few days.

We expected a rate rise this Thursday, but a massive turnaround after comments from BoE Governor Mark Carney, together with weak data suggesting Britain’s economy is barely growing.

At the start of April, they were pricing in a 90 percent chance of a hike, but that has plummeted to around 10 percent. Sterling has plunged from above $1.43 in mid-April to around $1.35 now.

Bank Rate will instead rise to 0.75 percent in August, medians in the poll said, and then to 1.0 percent in the second quarter of 2019, just after Britain is scheduled to leave the European Union.

We expect the data to improve in the coming months, allowing the Monetary Policy Committee to hike Bank Rate in August.

Tomorrow is a big day for Sterling, we have a mix of important economic data to be released from 9:30 in the morning. Speak to an analyst for more info on the impact we expect this to have on the pound. With lack of liquidity in the market coupled with inconsistent data releases, we expect the markets to be extremely volatile.

GBP/EUR 1.1405
GBP/USD 1.3523
GBP/AED 4.9580
GBP/AUD 1.8188
GBP/CHF 1.3564
GBP/CAD 1.7507
GBP/NZD 1.9416
EUR/USD 1.1839
GBP/ZAR 17.001

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

What's Going On?

Currencies 4 You Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registered no. 06866898). Registered office: Regus House Victory Way Admirals Park, Crossway, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QD. Currencies 4 You Ltd Payment and Foreign Currency Exchange Services are provided by Currency Cloud Limited and Equals Connect Limited. Currency Cloud Limited. Registered in England No. 06323311. Registered Office: Stewardship Building 1st Floor, 12 Steward Street London E1 6FQ. The Currency Cloud Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for the issuing of electronic money. FCA registration number: 900199. Payment Services are provided by Equals Connect Limited, registered in England and Wales (registered no. 07131446). Registered Office: Vintners’ Place, 68 Upper Thames St, London, EC4V 3BJ. Equals Connect Limited are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to provide payment services (FRN: 671508). Payment services for Currencies 4 You Ltd are provided by Sciopay Ltd. Sciopay Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. Registration No: 12352935. Sciopay Ltd is licensed and regulated by HMRC as a Money Service Business (MSB). Licence No: XCML00000151326. Sciopay Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Payment Institution. Firm Reference Number: 927951. | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Statement | Careers